Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4, 2008

No pictures today..............Maybe later if my mom sends me some from this weekend.

My mom called on Thursday and said they had two extra tickets to the K-State men's basketball game on Saturday and asked if the boys (Ben and Jake) wanted to go. Of course I said "yes" and mom made arrangements to pick up the boys on Friday after she got off of work. Jake was so excited to leave with grandma that he told me to quit kissing him so he could shut the door then they could leave. WOW! Jake and Ben must have needed a break from Luke and I as badly as we needed one from them!

After the boys left, Luke took me to eat at my favorite restaurant, Reba's. Afterwards we went to the video store and rented a movie. We walked around the store with about 5 movies in our hands trying to decide what movie to rent. The boys weren't around so we could actually rent something with "adult content," you know something over PG...... :) Out of all the movies to choose from we ended up with "Step-brothers" with Will Ferrell. There were a few funny parts but I don't think I ever HAVE to see that one again. Overall, it was great date night and one that we desperately needed.

Luke and I went to pick them up on Saturday night. My mom told me that earlier that day Jake informed her and my step-dad, Papa Ted, that he "needed a break from mommy because she was being mean." Hmmmmmm......This is the first time I have been home with the boys during "Christmas break." It was a lot for the entire family to take in (especially me). Besides me being home, Luke was on vacation for two weeks and my brother, Uncle Louie, was here from Georgia for a week. Don't get me wrong it was great to be home with all of them but I am also very excited for school and work to start this week.

Speaking of Uncle Louie, he called today and thanked me....................Yes... he THANKED ME & BEN for giving him strep throat. He had a fever, his throat hurt and he said his throat looked like something out of a horror film. All I can say is I am glad he is in Georgia and I am in Kansas after his sarcastic remarks......However, I do hope he feels better because he is suppose to get his tonsils out in two weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment