Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30, 2009

Where do I begin today? I would like to begin with pictures, but that isn't going to happen. Therefore, I will just have to write "too much" as Pam's husband, Eric, says...... :)

I went to the Kiwanis pancake "feed" for lack of a better word. My co-worker, Lynne, went to the breakfast with me. We had the wonderful opportunity to eat breakfast with the Mayor. What a nice man, full of ideas, and open to new ones.....He told us to come by anytime and I know Lynne will because she LOVES government....I will go for the food.

We left the event so I could attend my follow up with Dr. Matar. Dr. Matar was running late so Luke and I left to get some lunch. Luke and I had a good time and enjoyed hearing the "sales pitch" at the other table (not really but what are you going to do)! We chuckled a lot...is that bad !?!

Once we got back to the clinic we still had to wait but was one of the first two to be called back. It should have been a sign when the nurse put me in the "surgical procedure room" I should have run......Dr. Matar came in and said my white blood cell count has consistently stayed between 2-3 for the last 6 weeks. So his theory of my body not keeping up with production of WBC was void. Then he said I had some abnormal "lymph cells" and he needed to do a bone marrow biopsy. His overall feeling was something inside of me was attacking my white blood cell count. He did not think it was leukemia because my red blood cell count is okay. I told him I had a presentation at 2:30 and if he thought we could be done by then, then we could do it.

Dr. Matar did the biopsy in my hip. He took about 3/4 of bone and marrow. He said "you don't have osteoporosis" as he was using his body weight to grind his tool into my hip bone. I got very hot and thought I might pass out but my loving husband was there to "fan" me until he was done. I have about 1/2 inch incision and it is rather uncomfortable. I did make it to my presentation but didn't stick around long to answer questions. I came home quickly because the numbing medicine was wearing off. NOW I am laying in bed on an ice pack and there isn't much I can do....except maybe bark orders and act like a PRINCESS..... :) What else is new!?! Ha Ha!

The results should be back in two weeks and we will see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment