Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15, 2009

Today was my birthday and my family really surprised me. It had been a long week and today was my turn to get down with the "bug" that had been shared by everyone in the family! I didn't go into the office today but worked on my lap top (in bed of course) and enjoyed some "me" time.


In the "Hess" family (my maiden name), it would not be a good picture if someone wasn't "shoving" food in their mouth. I thought I would stick with tradition! Ha!

No.....I was not consuming large amounts of adult beverages, it just looks like it!

I normally do not get things for my birthday so I was very surprised at what Luke did this year. He got me a cross made out of "nails." It is quite humbling every time I look at it. They also got me an angel holding a little boy from Ben and Jake and the angel holding the heart from him...Very, very sweet.
Uncle Louie (my brother) and his girlfriend Onn (originally from Thailand) got me a bamboo plant in an elephant pot (above). It was very nice. Onn brought it up Tuesday morning from Wichita. When she got to the house she also had a large chi tea from Starbucks. I wanted to give her a bear hug but in her culture they don't "hug" much (and I want her to come back and visit)!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Angie. Looks like you had a good time. We have never had a hard time getting you to eat, especially ice cream and cake. Happy Birthday.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang,
    Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope you are feeling better. Bug is going around up here at work. Cool gifts! Have your blog page saved so I can look at it a couple times a week. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I should have signed my name--forgive the inexperienced computer techie here!! Mick

    ReplyDelete