Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January 20, 2009

No pictures today, you will thank me later!

The Inauguration..............................I spent this morning at Derby High School meeting with 6 other Site Coordinators with Communities In Schools. There was a TV in the office so we got to watch. I asked Elainne (the woman running the meeting) what democratic party she belonged to? She didn't answer, so I blurted out I was having a really hard time watching Obama give his speech. Therefore, she and I continued our meeting while the others "watched".

My friend Tammy had an awesome interview on her blog re: former President Bush. I think I will try to copy the interview on my blog in the next few days. Basically, I may not have agreed with Bush on everything he did but I do have a lot of RESPECT for the man. I think I could go on, but will stop because my brain is too tired to be "politically correct." Politics can be a very heated subject.

The other big event today was Mr. Ben's thumb.....He was helping me make "real" salad for supper. You know, the kind I never make because I buy it in a bag. After reading the email about "baby carrots" being soaked in chlorine, I decided to buy the "life size" or "mature" carrots and peel them. In addition, I also bought a bundle of celery to snack on too. Yes, that is quite "Rachel Ray" of me (ha, ha). I was running out of time and got out the slicer for the carrots. Ben thought he wanted to try so I stood there and helped him. I kept reminding him his hand was too close to the metal and it would take his skin off if he wasn't careful. I literally took one step and turned off the stove. When I turned around blood was spuing out of his thumb, into a bowl full of freshly sliced carrots. Yum. Let's go to the Schmidt's for supper and have salad! :)

Ben was mostly afraid he was going to have to get stitches. I was trying to remain calm but I have never really experienced that much blood coming out of my child. I can usually remain calm during a crisis but it was much harder keeping myself composed with my own child. I have been lacking in patience for about a week. Therefore, trying to remain controlled and confident while trying to stop the bleeding about did it for me tonight.

Ben walked around with a hand made sling because his thumb would throb at his side. I had to wrap a blanket around him so his dad and Jake couldn't see his sling. Of course, he doesn't like anyone talking about him so we could only talk about his thumb when he brought it up. He is funny. Jake and Luke walked in the house after the "incident" and saw blood. Poor Jake was so worried about his older brother. That was sweet too (while it lasted).

No comments:

Post a Comment