Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired

About every 3 weeks Ben has been getting strep throat and Monday was his "time" to get it again. Ben went to the Dr. and had a "nasty" sinus infection and strep. So, back to Walgreens for more medicine, etc. While we were at the clinic the CNP asked about my test results from 2/20/09. I told her I was thankful that none of the tests were positive for "bad stuff" but basically Dr. M can't figure out why my WBC is still so low. Dr. M decided that my first thought about my "allergies" being the culprit was probably accurate. So I got the name of the allergist and got set up for allergy testing next Tuesday. Further, it only took 3 days but got Ben's tonsillectomy scheduled for 3/17/09 in Wichita. Luke is doing better but we are still going back and forth to different Doc's for his 6 months check ups. His work is hard and his body is ready for a change. He is doing amazing considering all he has been though in the last few months.

So with all of that being said, Jake has been the only one that has been pretty healthy in the family until today........... :) He kept saying his stomach hurt this afternoon but really thought he was having side effects of eating too much cheese. Well, finally we took care of some business and I told them to load up. I literally pulled out of the driveway and turned left (on the very short Q.Drive) and he said he thought he was going to throw up. I pulled over, got him out of the car and he puked in the street. I was thankful I didn't get it on me and that he put his "fireman" boots on because they were easy to clean! When Jake was getting sick in the street our neighbors were walking by with their two dogs and someone else drove by and got to see more than I am sure they wanted to see.......It's not everyday you get to witness something like that!
Once the chaos was over and we were back in the car, Luke came driving home from work, carefully straddling the puddle in the road! It has been quite ugly around here tonight. Jacob finally fell asleep but I don't know how long that will last.

The joys of having young children and all the viruses they share with their family!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no...so I wonder when Ben will come down with it! I'll be sure to watch him today!

    ReplyDelete