Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4, 2009

Last night as I was getting ready to go to "Mom to Mom" (at our church) while Ben was looking in the Mirror at his tooth. I reached down to get my makeup and Ben yelled "My tooth is out!" He was soooooo excited and I was too. I wasn't home to get any pictures but I didn't want to forget the occasion!

Ben woke up at 5:50 AM wondering if the tooth fairy "came by." In case you were curious.....one baby tooth is running about $1.00 these days. Ben had a very long day because he had "Sparks" tonight. Once Ben got home from Awana's he was EXHAUSTED! I didn't even attempt a picture because mom was tired too. I will try to get some pictures posted this weekend.

Jacob was upset the tooth fairy didn't arrive BUT his Grandpa Ted came through for him today! Jacob received a package with a K-State stocking cap (since Ben wouldn't share his). Jacob was crying last week because Ben got to wear the K-state stocking cap for a whole week. Jacob told Ben "I'm going to call grandpa and tell him you aren't sharing!" That is exactly what Jake did with a little help from his mom! Jacob is normally so "giving" that he just can't relate to Ben when he doesn't share.....hmmmm the differences between birth orders......

Our church has been overwhelmed with a lot of very very sick people. I almost feel bad asking for prayers but will do it anyway. We had a good report from Luke's Dr this week but his back is hurting more and more. I just ask that we lift Luke up and pray that his body continues to heal, give us knowledge on what to do to help him and "peace of mind." His burdens are many and more than I can comprehend. Pray for me so that I might be able to help Luke and our family during the next few weeks of "limbo" (as I am starting to get "run down" again) and I feel like I can hardly take care of myself. "This too shall pass" as my grandma said!

No comments:

Post a Comment