Monday, February 9, 2009

February 9, 2009

I wish I had a picture but honestly I don't want to go through all the "hoops" to get the picture....Maybe tomorrow..........

But on with another story with the characters being none other than..................
You guessed it, Ben and Jake............Luke and I would have very boring lives if the boys weren't a part of it!!! I don't know how this all transpired because our "eye witnesses" aren't giving the same account each time they tell the story. Plus, I don't think they have learned the words they want to express..

I am on a "NO CLUTTER" mission. I can't handle one more piece of "snow" from snowflakes and just all the "stuff" that I guess only wives and moms can find a place for. Right now nothing is safe in this house if it hasn't been used for 24 hours(or less)...... I was throwing stuff away in the bathroom and sitting there thinking "please boys just play nicely a few more minutes." I have to a lot to get ready before Shana L. comes to clean for me tomorrow. About that time I heard Jake scream "Dad come down here quick" and Ben was crying. Jake screamed again and my heart fell the second time as both Luke and I are almost sprinting to the basement.

The TV had fallen off the entertainment center and was resting on a heavy duty plastic racetrack that also turns into a table. The TV was still on (not broken) and Ben and Jake were screaming that the TV fell on Ben's head. Mind you this is one BIG......HEAVY....OLD TV. We still can't tell if Ben got his head pinned between the entertainment center or the race track. Both sides of Ben's face and ears were red and we know something happened. He wanted 2 ice packs and Jake went upstairs and got them for Ben. Ben was yelling he didn't want to go the emergency room and get a shot....
I just looked at him and based on the "crime scene" wondered why he wasn't crushed........After the initial chaos we came upstairs and talked and Ben was still very scared. We agreed that saying a prayer and thanking God for protecting him was in order. In addition, he must have one strong guardian angel because Luke and I had a hard time hoisting the TV back on the entertainment center. I went downstairs a few minutes later and Jacob had tears in his eyes and said he didn't want Ben to get hurt. Then Ben wanted Jacob upstairs because he didn't want the same thing to happen to his brother. Despite all the wrestling, punching, pushing, fighting, kicking, biting (whatever) they really are best friends and that makes my "heart happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment