Thursday, October 15, 2009

Water Retreat Weekend

The first weekend of October I had the opportunity to spend time with 9 amazing women making crafts to sell on the etsy shop for www.water4christmas.com.
4 women drove from Iowa & 4 of us drove from Newton
to Pam's house in Kansas City.
All of us contributing to the project in our own special way.
Crafting Team
Front Row: Teresa, Jody, Shana, Amy, Pam, Megan
Back row: Me, Cassie, Amy, Jana
Me......yes, me.........doing crafts and loving it.........REALLY!

Pam's "House of Crafts"
Cassie, Amy and Jody working hard.
Teresa cutting patterns for headbands.
patterns.....
Pam our hostess....
I miss her so much since she left Newton. It was good to see her.

Megan's finished project.
I was humbled by the passion of these women.
Driven to help raise money to dig wells in Liberia for CLEAN drinking water.
Clean water, which we take for granted here in America.
I have thought about this post for almost two weeks. My post hasn't been as eloquent or as "heart felt" as I would like it to be. Therefore, I encourage each of you to read more about the weekend from fellow "bloggers/crafters." Go to "Clearing the Air", The Burback Family, Whatever, Chapter 35 and http://jodyrlanders.com on the side bar of my blog to learn more.
I apologize in advance, I still don't know how to add their links to my posts.

1 comment:

  1. ok...when you are writing a post, highlight what you want to link and then click on the button that is the earth with a little chain link. then you can type in the web address you want to link to!
    hope that helps!
    what a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete