Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Perfect Day

Today was my first day of being "unemployed" for a few weeks. It ended up being a great day. I started helping Jacob with his homework. All kindergartner's were required to decorate a scarecrow for the hallways at school....My "ex-coworker" (less than 24 hours) knew I was working on a scarecrow and knew I wouldn't make it to Walmart for "Raffia." So she called me and said I am outside your front door, let me in!!! She came bearing gifts...Rafia...yea!
It was fun! We had coffee and apples (her favorite), had fun helping Jacob with his project, had the windows open and listened to crickets.
Lynne has officially made it past the "family friendly" cleanliness rules and she has graduated to family member. I stayed in my Jammie's while she was here, we swept my kitchen floor and even worked on my toilet! I think Lynne is a keeper!
Jacob and Lynne working on the scarecrow.
Trooper, hanging out acting really "stressed out."

Then after an afternoon to myself (ahhhh), I picked up the boys for haircuts and then off to flag football!
Ben is #6 and Jacob #8.

Luke B. (far left), Ben and Jacob getting ready to "tackle".....wait, I mean "pull a flag."
What a GREAT day!

2 comments:

  1. I love you all.....but that dog is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Looks like a fun day. I bet Jake's scarecrow turned out really good. And I heard Ben made a touchdown. WOW!

    ReplyDelete