Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Baptism

On March 22, 2009 I was baptised by Pastor Steve after 2nd service. Luke and I found a wonderful church and have been attending since 2007. Luke and I attended Judgement House and rededicated our lives to serving God. Further, we took a Perspectives Course in 2008 where we studied missions work and how it related to Jesus/God/Bible. I began a women's bible study in the fall but haven't been able to attend much this spring. All of these experiences led me to realize that God wanted me to be baptised as an adult. I finally started asking around and decided this was something I needed to complete even though I was baptised as a young child.

I went to a baptism preparation class and this is what I learned....

  • Baptism is a step of obedience for every believer, commanded by Christ Himself.
"Then Jesus came and said to them 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," (Matthew 28:19, 20)

  • Baptism is a way to show others our faith in Jesus Christ and allows us to follow Christ's example.

  • Every person who has decided to trust Christ as his/her Savior should be baptised.

  • Jesus was baptized by being immersed in water "As soon as Jesus was baptized, He went up out of the water..." (Matthew 3:16)

The word baptize means to DIP (in liquid)! Being immersed is the best way to picture a death and a resurrection. So here goes.......


Thank you Pastor Steve, friends, and family to help me get to this point! Also, a special thanks to Megan who happened to have her camera. Mine was in the dressing room in my purse (you know because it did a lot of good there)!

3 comments:

  1. Angie, God is bringing glory to Himself through you in a mighty way. Thanks for sharing, and it is perfect timing with Good Friday and Easter Sunday coming this weekend. I am so blessed to have been there with you for this special day. I love you, Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang,
    God is working through you to shine his light on others. You may never know or even meet these people but believe every act of kindness has great impact in someones life. Don't think just obey............you are is beloved child!
    I am proud of you and honored to have you as my friend! Love ya! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,
    I was thrilled to see you baptized the other week. I am proud of you and I am just your mentor mom - so I'll claim you as one of my girls too. I have enjoyed getting to know you better this year in M2M, and to have my life enriched by knowing you.
    Thanks for being obedient to what the Lord was calling you to, and for your walk with the Lord. You are an inspiration to me and a lot of others, I'm sure.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete