Monday, April 6, 2009

Luke worked his first big storm this last week since his surgery. It was a rough storm with a lot of ice and heavy snow. He worked 18 hour days Saturday-Thursday. Further, he was up almost two days straight from Thursday to Saturday at 11:00 PM. These are VERY LONG hours and it is very hard on your body.
As a result me and the boys spent a lot of time together over the weekend and mom was a little crabby by Sunday. On the way to church we were listening to a "rockin song" as Jake calls it and Ben asked me to turn the radio down. He said "Mom, if you see Pastor Steve can you ask him if he will pray for daddy and all of the other Westar guys to stay safe? I said I could but I would like him to tell Pastor Steve if he saw him. We did make it into church seconds before worship started and Ben asked Pastor Steve to pray. Pastor Steve did pray and told the congregation that a little boy came up to him before service asking him to pray for his dad and all of his coworkers during the storm. How awesome was that!?!
Words can't describe how proud I was of him. Amazed that he is 5 and he "gets it". He "gets it" you can go to God when something is heavy on your heart and pray about it. He always thanks God every night for something.............school, warm bed, food, safe house, etc. and always remembers to pray for those less fortunate.
There are more days than not that I don't think I am doing a good enough job with the boys. However, this day made me realize that the boys are listening and Luke and I must be doing something right.

1 comment:

  1. Angie,
    Luke & you are doing a wonderful job with the boys. You have had a tough couple of years, so glad things are better. You have a great family! We love you, Jane & Ray

    ReplyDelete