Friday, April 10, 2009

Forgot the Camera!

The boys and I had the day off for Good Friday. We were going to go to McDonald's and eat at the park and play. Once we got to McDonald's the line was soooooo long we couldn't even pull into the parking lot. I decided at that point I really wanted a good cup of coffee. I drove to Hesston to the Lincoln Perk and got a Cafe Mocha, skim milk and no whip.....ahhhhhh......it was an indulgence I really enjoyed due to the excessive bickering between the boys this morning. By this point moms patience was seriously lacking.

On our way to Hesston for coffee we noticed a park with a huge hill. The boys decided they could eat Sonic and then we could play at this "new" park. The park was great and had a ton of picnic tables and an open "restroom" which they don't have at the park we visit in Newton. The boys ran to play on the train equipment, etc. Ben went down a slide and let out a scream of surprise. He got off the slide and was SOAKED! All I could do was start laughing which in turn made Ben laugh. He wanted to change but because this little trip really wasn't planned I didn't have any extra clothes. I looked at both boys and said "go for it." They looked at me as if I lost my mind (which I probably had) and said you are soaked you might as well run through every puddle you can find and have fun....The boys ran like mad for about 10 minutes and then Ben had enough. He was very cold. Jake went to the other other park and ran around the "merry-go-round" while I took care of Ben.

I had two blankets in the car and put one in each carseat. Ben was so embarrassed but he was naked as jay bird from the waist down. I wrapped him in the blanket and put the seatbelt around him.....Jake thought it was great getting naked in Hesston in broad daylight. He will be my nudist I am sure of it! I wrapped him up and headed to Newton. The boys started laughing so hard on the way home. It was quite distracting but music to my ears after a morning of arguing, hitting each other with chairs, crying, etc.

Jake was so tired tonight he passed out before 8 PM and his dad joined him. Ben and I are still awake which is odd because we usually we are the first to fall asleep in the Schmidt household!

3 comments:

  1. A good day was had by all. Sounds like your boys.

    Gpa Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good day! Eli went to the zoo with his Grandma and Grandpa. It was a little cold in the morning, but warmed up some! Probably see you on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete