Saturday, January 23, 2010

Birthday Breakfast

On Monday, the boys didn't have school due to Martin Luther King Day. I was reading my daily devotions when Jacob woke up. We snuggled while I finished my devotions and he watched "Sid the Science Kid." During the episode, Sid, and his father made a special meal for Sid's mom. Once Ben woke up I could hear the two of them plotting "something."

Jacob told me to stay in the bedroom because they had a "surprise for me." I kept hearing pots and pans bang around and a few disagreements. Otherwise, they asked me for some help a few times but ultimately they made me breakfast! I love how they decorated the plate as a happy face with eyebrows and all!.



Once we got some pictures we all sat down and had a wonderful breakfast. They did a GREAT job! Even better it was a nice way to our end our 13 days without their dad.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...they made that on their own. They may be better cooks than you! Ha...just kidding=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison.......You caught me! I am teaching them cook like their dad! And it wouldn't be to hard to be a better cook than me! Have a good week Auntie Al!

    ReplyDelete