Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Biopsy is OVER!

We did it! Luke and I made it to Wichita for our Dr's appointments. I took my Ativan and Luke threatened to record me using his phone, but I don't think he new how to work it! Lucky for me!

Luke got a FABULOUS report from Dr. Moore, Jr. and Luke is able to go on his trip. Luke's x-ray continued to show a lot of arthritis in his back and his zyphoid continues to grow bigger. However, that is something that can be addressed when he comes back from Liberia. I also have to thank Zoe who as an awesome "studies" nurse. She has a great personality and is always so upbeat and caring. She followed Luke for awhile while he did supplement study for his type of lung cancer. They pulled the study but at least we still get to see her!

Yesterday, the Ativan made me feel drunk. It didn't stop the pain of the needle/catheter going in my arm to dispense the morphine. If the morphine helped I did not notice because it was so painful. Seriously, I didn't get all these drugs on the first bone marrow biopsy but thank you God I had them on the 2nd one. I started crying and got super embarrassed because I can usually disassociate from the pain, just couldn't yesterday....There are no words to describe what they do during the biopsy, so if you are curious, "U-Tube it", and see! My hip continues to hurts and if I don't apply pressure it throbs. I feel like my entire body is in shock and that every bone is bruised in my body.

I hurt so bad this morning I had my friend drive me to the Dr in Newton so the nurse could "re-dress" the bandage and add more tape. I started crying again (which I don't like doing) and she was so empathetic, understanding how frustrated I was. Thanks Susan, she is another awesome nurse!

PRAISE: I would like to thank everyone for their prayers yesterday. We have wonderful friends that care for us. We received another unexpected donation for Luke's trip. Praise that I am married to such a caring, loving, wonderful husband. All of the small details he thinks of when caring for me are appreciated. For example after being wheeled downstairs in a wheel chair, he had the car warmed up and once I got in car he covered me up with a blanket (as I am always cold). Praise for my women's bible study....Kelly made us meal last night that was gluten free! I love the women in this study as they are so caring towards one another.

PRAYERS: That Luke's trip will be 100% funded by the time he leaves on January 6th. Pray that the supply money will come in for materials for the library and safety for all those going on this trip. Continue to pray for answers for my test results even if it is good/bad. Pray for peace for the boys as they are getting anxious about these new things happening in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment