Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vacation-Day 2

On Saturday, my "bff" (Jenn) had a baby shower for her younger sister, Melanie. Jenn had been out of town for a few weeks and was running around trying to get everything done at the last minute. I was happy to volunteer to get ready for the shower, which meant the boys had to fend for themselves that day! Jenn and Mindy were preparing for about 40-45 people to come to the shower. I would say about 40 showed up which meant Mel "scored" some good stuff for the baby!

Jenn's family has always been like my other family and Jenn's mom, Liz, is called MOM (My Other Mom). Below is a picture of Melanie and Janelle. Janelle is Melanie's cousin and I lived at Janelle's parents house for about a month when I was in college at Colorado State University (CSU). The last time I saw Janelle she was beginning 2nd grade. I felt so old because she just graduated from CSU and it doesn't seem like I graduated from there 13 years ago....
(okay back to more pleasant thoughts).

I can't figure out how to make this picture bigger........
Ashlyn with Auntie Jenn.
Ashlyn is Tim's little girl, Jenn's brother. She had a some rough times when she was younger but she is doing so much better now. Two years ago she was still eating out of a feeding tube, but can eat regular food now (yea)! She and her younger brother, Aiden, are being raised by their father. Tim is doing an awesome job!Growing up we had the best block ever! Even though all of us have moved we have stayed in touch. These are some very special woman to me!
Liz (MOM), Rose, Pat and Jenn
I hadn't seen Rose or Pat for 10 years. They all look great!
I use to babysit for Pat and her three kiddos. I still picture them as being "little" but they are all grown up having careers, spouses, children, etc., etc....
In addition to seeing old neighbors, I ran into an old classmate from "Standley Lake High School" He was leaving Mindy's house when we arrived at her house to prepare for the shower. It was fun to get caught up on old friends/acquaintances.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Angie. Good to see all of the old crowd from before.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete