Thursday, August 13, 2009

Surprise!

We are taking a break from vacation pictures to announce the latest "last-minute" change. On August 11th we had "meet the teacher" at South Breeze. A long list of events took place but Luke told Mrs. Klug (kindergarten teacher) that he thought Jacob was ready and Mrs. Klug said it wasn't too late if we changed our minds.
I had made up mind for 5 months and I fully anticipated having one more year at home with my "baby." We hadn't worked on riding a bike without training wheels, tying shoes, etc. I was content with him being held back one more year until my little bubble was burst at 5:30 PM.
Once we got home we asked Jacob what he wanted and he said "if you want me to go to preschool with the little kids I will do it." However, my quotations aren't fully resembling the heartache he said it with. He said he wanted to go to kindergarten with the big kids.
Ugggg....
My Thursday started still not knowing if Jacob was going to school AND Ben got up at 5:00 AM asking when he could go to school. At least we kept him in bed until 6:30.
Jacob and Ben before Ben caught the bus. Ben didn't want Jake to put his arm around him.
Luke with Jacob and Ben.
Ben said his stomach was hurting so he forced a smile.

Ben waiting for Ms. Jo the bus driver.
AND.....
Jacob on his way into afternoon kindergarten. He wanted to get there early because he doesn't like people "staring" at him because he is "shy."
Jacob waiting for me to get out of the classroom!

Luke and I thought it was pretty quiet and went looking for Jacob.
This is how we found him about 5:00 PM.
I think he was tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment