Thursday, July 2, 2009

2 Minutes

Really, two minutes doesn't seem like a very long time. Unless you have the energy of two boys.

We got back from swimming lessons and it was very cold in the house. I realized it was cold but didn't think twice about it. The boys started eating thier kids meal from Burger King because of course they wanted the new "Transformer Toy." I thought this was the perfect opportunity for me to email Renea and thank her for taking time to show my "Intensive English Student - Aey" around her office yesterday. Well, here is what happened in the time I wrote her "short" thank you note.

The boys started burping among other things. I tuned them out so I could concentrate. The next thing I hear is Jake's little ornery giggle and Ben yelling "ohhhh, Jake you peed on the floor." I thought it was water from the swimming pool but indeed it was not.

I told them they were having quiet time in their rooms and when I went back to the bedrooms I stepped in another big wet spot on the carpet........yeah great..... Then I noticed we could have hung meat in our bedrooms. I looked at the thermostat and Jake had turned it down to 70 degrees and we normally keep it at 78 (because we are cheap)! Jake must have turned down the thermostat when I was getting dressed this morning (is all I can come up with).

Since quiet time began, Jake has come in the kitchen two times and now it is time for me to go and intervene!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment