Tuesday, July 14, 2009

4th of July

This year for the 4th we went to Tawnya and Loren's house. Normally, Luke is on call and we can't venture too far from home. Also, Jacob is NOT a fan of loud noises and the 4th is NOT his favorite holiday because of the fireworks. Last year we had to cancel our plans because Jacob was so scared. BUT, we figured we would try it this year because the Schroeder's have a big shed (you can see in the background). Plus, Jacob could go into the shed and still see the fireworks through the windows if we needed to go inside.
The guys had fun with some bean-bag game while the ladies watched the kids swim.
There was so much to do here and not much the boys could hurt until.............I turned my back for just a few seconds to find Jacob unable to get his head out of the water while in the swimming pool. It as if everything went into slow motion. I had to jump in the pool to get Jacob. I don't know who was scared more, me or Jake.......

Here is my picture after jumping in the pool. I may be smiling, but the inside of me wanted to throw-up (matter of fact, I still feel sick when I think about it). The running joke that night was that I jumped into save Jacob and didn't even spill my one and only daquari.
On a side note (especially for you Auntie Al), I was wearing my Keen's when I had to jump into the water. They are waterproof and stayed on quite nicely and dried quickly!

The music, food, camaraderie was awesome!


Finally, it was time for fireworks and Jacob DID IT! After about an hour of his brother doing fireworks, Jacob decided to try it. His hands were over his ears most of the night but at least he wasn't crying and scared. It was a good time. Jacob was pleased with himself too. Jacob also told Mrs. Kirtley the next day at church that he wasn't scared of fireworks anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment