Tuesday, July 14, 2009

swimming lessons

I would read July 4th blog and read this one second!
The boys began swimming lessons at the rec center from June 22-July 2. I thought the boys had good lessons this year. I realized on July 4th that the boys needed to learn how to tread water even if it was for just a few seconds. Based on Jake's scare on July 4th I called the Koop Brothers for swimming lessons on Sunday. Aaron had a cancellation that morning for the following two weeks and we got in the following day.
Jacob waiting for Ben to finish up his lesson.

Ben learning how to dive off the side after he passed all of the other skills with Aaron.

Here is Jacob with Aaron while Aaron is teaching him how to tread water AKA riding a bicycle with his legs. Afterwards Jake told me Aaron was trying to drowned him by making him tread water. Jacob is very CAUTIOUS now but Aaron is gently pushing him and building his self confidence as well.

The boys hanging out waiting their turn.

Aaron has done a remarkable job with Ben and Jacob. I really wasn't wanting spend the money this summer. However, the cost of swimming lessons far out weighs the alternative. Jacob is up to 12 seconds treading water which is 12 seconds I didn't have 10 days ago. Also, Ben is now treading water for almost a minute.

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are so cute - and I assume from you comments on FB and in this blog -they are healthy, ornery boys. You wouldn't want them any other way, even if they do wear you out on occasion.
    Hope to see you at M2M again this year. Wonder if they will let us stay on the same table. Maybe we ought to just make a date for coffee or something, so we can have some one on one. What do you say? You can give me a call for a time you can arrange it. I'm pretty flexible, so just holler if this sounds like something you would like to do.
    Have a blessed day. At least it's the last day of VBS, so rest may come a little easier...

    ReplyDelete