Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Luke's Garden

It has been 7 YEARS since Luke has had a garden. Finally, this year we decided the boys were old enough that we could devote some time to gardening.
Our soil is like clay so Luke has been doing a lot of prep work getting the soil ready.
He has cut the cable tv/internet a few times (I think the boys moved the flags....imagine) but thank goodness he is very "handy" and knows how to "splice" things back together.
Luke is an AWESOME gardener...He really is a "country boy" at heart and I am super excited that he is able to start his hobby again. Luke planted sweet corn and he is standing by his newly planted row of corn seeds.
Our family will also enjoy the benefits of fresh veggies as we are trying to eat healthier.
I think it is a win-win situation!

2 comments:

  1. That is great! Good for you, Luke. What all did you add to your soil? I know you will all really enjoy the fresh veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed the Cable/cut flags/moved laugh for the morning so thanks Uncle Luke! I'm glad that he gets to get back to a HOPEFULLY relaxing and fullfilling hobby! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete