Thursday, April 8, 2010

Consistency

Blogging....I started a blog in order to keep track of the things my kids did that I didn't want to forget when they were older & me too for that matter! It was easy in the beginning, kind of like journaling in some cyber-space way. But really, where does the time go? I can't believe I haven't blogged in a month!

We had a speaker at church this week that said "time fly's when you aren't paying attention." WOW! She is right. It made me think I need to be more mindful of my time and how I spend it. Blogging isn't a high priority but I will try to be more consistent over the next few months, even if I only post once a week.

I must confess I have been out of the facebook-blog loop for a few weeks now... I did it for a few different reasons but I needed a break. Sometimes you see other blogs that demonstrate how creative they are, how motivated they are to exercise, cook, fix good food for their families, read books, their funny, etc., etc. It started getting me down and rather than a sense of joy of catching up with my friends (thru cyber-space) I was getting jealous (coveting-yes) and then started being super critical of myself and negative about my circumstances. But a recent Bible study on friendship addressed the very thing I was feeling. No one is perfect and I am not either. I was reminded I needed to be gentle with myself as I am a child of God.

Somehow I took great comfort in that as I lay in the rocking chair, with an icepack over my face and a nose 2 times bigger than it should have been and a plastic "nose splint" sutchered in my nose! My nose/sinuses feel a lot better now and I am happy to say I feel better than I have a few weeks. My body reminds me if I have done too much or haven't gotten enough sleep. I am taking some good supplements and hope they help in the long run.

According to Paul Harvey, "You now have the whole story." (or something like that)....

No comments:

Post a Comment