Friday, November 27, 2009

My Dads Old House In Colorado

Last weekend, Luke took a quick trip to Fairplay, Colorado. He was so excited about his trip, he couldn't sleep the night before. Therefore, he got up extra early and was extra early for his meeting. Since he had a few "hours" to spare, he stopped off at my dad's (and mine for one year) old house in the mountains.

When Luke pulled up to the house, there was an elk in our old front yard. She got scared and ran away before Luke could get a picture.

Dad's old house


I would park my car at the bottom of the driveway when my car wouldn't make it up the drive due to LOTS of SNOW!



This land is across the street from our old house.
There is a "For Sale" sign if anyone wants a great cabin....
I am afraid it would be quite pricey too!
Luke and I really miss this place!
Dad sold it after he decided to move somewhere warm and tropical.....
He left the long winters/snow FOR warm weather, nice beaches and cheaper living....
Now in order to see dad we have to fly for 24 hours to Thailand, rather than drive to Colorado for 8 hours. Hmmm....I don't foresee that anytime soon with two boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment