Saturday, December 20, 2008

December 18, 2008

Thursday night the sun, moon, and stars must have been lined up perfectly because I felt like baking. I attempted to make chocolate covered marshmallows with sprinkles because my friend said they were "easy." I am sure they were easy for most women but for this mom who doesn't bake, well.................. it was a different story.
First, did you know if almond bark gets too hot you can ruin it??? Yes, the sugar clumps together and it becomes "crystalized." No matter how much oil you add, you CAN'T get the lumps out! After frantic phone calls to my sister-in-law, I decided to try another round. Thanks Re!

The following is how it looks when you get almond bark too hot.....



I put some marsmallows in the chocolate too long and the bottom right is a melted glob. The marshmallow on the left side had peppermint sprinkles, which Ben didn't like. When you are 5 if you don't like something you eat, you put it back!

These marshmallows don't look like the pictures from Megan's Blog!!!!

About 10:00 I decided to do some things for Jake's preschool teachers and volunteer grandmas. Ultimately, the entire project started around 6:00 and I got to bed around midnight.
HMMMM.......not as pretty as I wanted, but it is the thought, Right!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment