Thursday, May 6, 2010

1st Grade Zoo Field Trip

Ben had a field trip to the zoo the Monday after his birthday. All of us were so TIRED that following Monday after the football game. Ben and myself actually fell asleep on the bus ride to the zoo. Here is a picture of my angel, you can almost see the halo! LOL I must say the April 26th was the coldest day we have had in weeks. It was windy (what do you expect in Kansas) and COLD but we survived.
I only had one boy in my group. He was a great kid.

This must have been the end of the day because they actually sat down for more than 10 seconds!
The grizzly bear was funny. He straddled that rock and it was "bed."


The kids had a "mini workshop" at the windiest point at the zoo.

This picture cracks me up.....The boys were so "grossed-out" because it looked like the chimp was eating poop. I tried to explain they were treats but they didn't believe me!

We ended the day at the petting zoo. Here are some other kiddos from Ben's class.
Monday's are the day to go to the zoo because it wasn't busy at all.
Next Friday I go with Jacobs class and am gearing up for the PURE craziness! Can the school assign leashes!?!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to see you there! Hope your next trip is just as easy! (but a little warmer!)

    ReplyDelete