Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Zoo

A week ago Friday Jacob and I got to go with Ben's kindergarten class to Sedgwick County Zoo. I had another little boy named Jakob in my group too. Jakob is our babysitters nephew and our "adopted grandparents" grandson. So, it was fun to have him in our group. The only thing a little hard was having two "Jacob S.'s" in our group. Jakob was our "map" reader and did great showing us where to go. Of course the boys wanted to see the snakes and we spent quite a bit of time in the amphibian/reptile exhibit.
They got very excited seeing the penguins.

Eating lunch.....


This is one of my favorites.

Jake and Ben didn't know what to think of the gorilla's. Mostly they laughed because this one "showed his butt at me" according to Ben.

After lunch they boys were slowing down and took time to pose for pictures.

The penguin exhibit was fun. This picture looks "easy" but do you know how long it took three boys to line up? A lot longer than it should have!
Another reason to be grateful this year.
I am so glad I could experience this with my boys.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog, Angie! I just found you through Shannon's! (cute coffee mug you gave her, by the way!) Hope your summer is off to a good start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! It looks like Ben has grown a bunch this year. Good looking group of guys. I know you enjoyed. Love you, Aunt Leslie

    ReplyDelete