Thursday, February 12, 2009

February 12, 2009

I am feeling rather lazy but I don't want to forget this............SO, I have "cut and pasted" from an email I got from Ben's teacher, Mrs. Kirtley. I am glad she shared this with me but I will not be telling one of my co-workers who runs the "Drug Free Youth Coalition"..... :)

Mrs Kirtley wrote, "I just had to tell you this b/c I thought it was funny! Today in Math we were looking at our big book. It was a rabbit that was at tea party. We were talking about what we saw in the picture. Ben raised his hand and said, "Beard." So I was looking for a beard. Couldn't find it...so I asked him to show me. He pointed to some bottles that were in a box and said, "You know, beard. You can drink it!" Got it! I couldn't help but smile. Then of course I had other kids chime in and say, my mom and dad drink beer. Then Ben said, "My dad drinks it, but it makes my mom throw up!"

What I (mom) am thankful DIDN'T come out of his mouth at school;
-Anything to do with Whiskey....
-The "dirt" dad has in his teeth or Uncle Louie's "spit bottle"
-Or, how he already had his first "beard" at a K-State football game when he was 2. That is why you never send your son to a game without mom.......the bad thing is someone even took a picture of him pouring it down the front of his shirt...............hmmmm! :)

Both boys are having Valentines Day parties at school tomorrow. I will try to make sure all the Valentine's get to school with them unlike a few years ago with Ben. Tomorrow since they will be all hyped up, maybe the grandparents will want them for a "few" hours.... Wishful thinking I know!

1 comment:

  1. Been there! Ours was during Red Ribbon Week when Jace was in 1st grade.
    While talking about responsible drinking the light bulb went off..."That is why my Mom always drives Dad home from Grant and Lori's house!"

    ReplyDelete